MoCC Ambassadorship 2018/19: General Information (For CUHK Students)
What is MoCC Ambassadorship?
The MoCC Ambassadorship recognizes and provides financial support for outstanding CUHK students who wish to intern in the MoCC to raise climate change awareness and promote sustainability on and beyond campus. MoCC Ambassadors undergo knowledge training in climate change, sustainability and museum operations.
Each MoCC Ambassador is required to pursue, under supervision, experimental learning that carries educational benefits for the Ambassador and are relevant to the MoCC’s operational and outreach activities. The amount of internship time shall not be less than 40 hours within the full six-month term of the Ambassadorship (or pro rata if the term is less than six months).
Details of the financial support of the MoCC Ambassadorship are outlined in the programme flyer. When the students graduate from the ambassadorship, each of them will be awarded a certificate of completion. The ambassadorship may be renewed for another academic year upon demonstration of excellent performance and the availably of funding.
Who may apply for the Ambassadorship?
Applications are open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students of CUHK. Students in related fields (major or minor), such as sustainable development, earth system science, museum studies, geography, environmental technologies, environmental science or those who have a track record in participating in environmental services, may be given priority.
How to apply?
Interested students are requested to complete the online application form by 11:59 pm, 25 January 2019).
Shortlisted applicants will be invited by phone to attend a selection interview to be held either on 31 January or 1 February 2019. Successful applicants will be contacted by phone and email shortly afterwards.
What are the expectations?
The MoCC Ambassadors are required to:
- Knowledge training: attend all sessions of knowledge training (see ‘What are the important dates?’ below) which include sessions of mock and pilot museum- and eco-tours
- Experimental learning: intern in the MoCC by serving in shifts to guide visitors on MoCC tours and to answer museum-related questions from the visitors
- Be encouraging and welcoming to visitors
- Assist in conducting impact studies pertaining to MoCC exhibitions and eco-tours
- Be able to guide the campus eco-tours
- Discuss and, if necessary, update the contents of the eco-tours
- Assist in organizing MoCC events such as workshops, seminars and campaigns
- Be peer mentors of Team MoCC members (secondary school students)
- Represent the MoCC on occasions of museum and university events and ceremonies
- Participate in monthly meetings (see ‘What are the important dates?’ below)
- Be punctual in all meetings and duty assignments (no absence without prior notice is allowed)
What are the important dates?
Deadline for Application
25 January 2019 (Friday)
31 January or 1 February 2019 (Thursday & Friday)
Saturday, full day (9:30 am–5:00 pm, with lunch break)
- 16 February 2019
- 23 February 2019
Rehearsal tour, 3 hours
- 2 March 2019
- 9 March 2019
First working Friday afternoon of each month:
- 1 March, 12 April, 3 May, 14 Jun, 5 Jul & 2 Aug 2019
For more details, please refer to the information flyer.