What is MoCC Ambassadorship?
The MoCC Ambassadorship recognizes and provides financial support for outstanding CUHK students who wish to become active ambassadors to the MoCC to raise climate change awareness and promote sustainability on and beyond campus. MoCC Ambassadors will undergo knowledge training in climate change, sustainability and museum operations.
Each MoCC Ambassador will be required to pursue, under supervision, experiential learning that carries educational benefits for the Ambassador and are relevant to the MoCC’s operational and outreach activities. The amount of such engagement shall not be less than 15 hours within the full seven-month term of the Ambassadorship (or pro rata if the term is less than seven months).
The amount of financial support of the MoCC Ambassadorship is HK$55 per hour of experiential learning engagement, payable on a quarterly basis only after the student completed both the knowledge training and experiential learning (a minimum of 15 hours of engagement), i.e. the minimum requirement of graduation from the Ambassadorship. When the students graduate from the Ambassadorship, each of them will be awarded a certificate of completion, as well as entitled to a permanent complementary membership of the CUHK–JC MoCC Alumni Association to enjoy numerous benefits.
Who may apply for the Ambassadorship?
Applications are open to all undergraduate students and postgraduate students of CUHK. Students in related fields (major or minor), such as sustainable development, earth system science, museum studies, geography, environmental technologies, environmental science or those who have a track record in participating in environmental services, may be given priority. A subset of ambassadors will be nominated by the CUHK College Masters. Please contact your College offices for more information.
How to apply?
Interested students are requested to complete the online application form by 11:59 pm, 31 January 2018 (Wednesday).
Shortlisted applicants will be invited by phone to attend a selection interview. The interviews are tentatively scheduled for 7–9 February 2018. Successful applicants will be contacted by phone and email shortly afterwards.
What are the expectations?
The MoCC Ambassadors are required to:
- Knowledge training: all sessions of knowledge training (see ‘What are the important dates?’ below) which include sessions of mock and pilot museum- and eco-tours
- Experimental learning: serve in shifts at the MoCC to guide and teach visitors on MoCC tours as well as to answer museum-related questions from the visitors
- Be encouraging and welcoming to visitors
- Assist in conducting impact studies pertaining to MoCC exhibitions and eco-tours
- Be able to guide the campus eco-tours
- Discuss and, if necessary, update the contents of the eco-tours
- Assist in organizing MoCC events such as workshops, seminars and campaigns
- Be peer mentors of Team MoCC members (secondary school students)
- Represent MoCC on occasions of MoCC events and ceremonies
- Participate in monthly meetings (see ‘What are the important dates?’ below)
- Be punctual in all meetings and duty assignments (no absence without prior notice is allowed)
What are the important dates?
Deadline for Application
31 January 2018 (Wednesday)
7 to 9 February 2018
Saturday, full day (9:30 am–5:00 pm, with lunch break)
- 24 February 2018
- 3 March 2018
Practice tour, 3 hours
- 10 March 2018
First Friday afternoon of each month:
- 2 March, 6 April, 4 May, 1 June, 6 July & 3 August 2018